Start Polaris BIOS Editor v1.7.5 in new design
The program Polaris BIOS Editor is designed for timings changes in flashing the BIOS. It is used for all types of video cards: Elpida, Micton, Hynix, and Samsung. Miners change timings in order to increase mining performance and the Polaris BIOS Editor is highly recommended.
- New Micron, Hynix, Samsung and
- Elpida timings, better hashrate and stability
- A number of fixes is made.
- GPU vendor detection
- RX560 detection due to different timings need
Windows 10, Windows 7 and 8, activation might not work on other OS
Download and use Polaris BIOS Editor
The program is easy to use. First, download the program, unpack it into the convenient place and then run the program.
- Click Open BIOS in the upper left corner and then opens flashing.
- Click on the way to choose timings: automatically or manually. Make steps according to the regime.
- Having opened the flashing, click One click timing patch. All timings were edited automatically.
- Then press Save as.
- The entire flashing is saved.
- Users can also change the voltage in the GPU and memory.
Target temperature is the temperature that the card will try to maintain, either increasing the cooler speed or lowering the frequencies. The last one is used less often; it all depends on the manufacturer.
- Power control limit Radeon RX series video cards.
- In case a user does not use the afterburner, then this option is similar to the Power limit. It is necessary to lower it in the same way.
- In order to turn on the fan, it is possible to configure it in the Fan column. In case with a downtime the fan does not turn on at all, then change Min pwm to a positive value; the value is estimated in percent.
Unlocking of additional shaders is not available for all cards. The best way to do it is using SRBPolaris.
The next step
After flashing video cards, it might be necessary to patch the drivers of the operating system in which the BIOS is checked for correctness. It is possible to do it using the Atikmdag patcher program. The program is usually required for RX400 series video cards, which are detected after BIOS modification by the system with error 43.
In addition, the GPU-Z and HWinfo programs are convenient to use for the control of the parameters of the video card. They show voltages, frequencies, loading the video card, and much more useful information.
On the Internet resource, users can download Polaris BIOS Editor 1.6.7, 1.6.6, and 1.7.2 versions free of charge. Experts advise to use the last one in case a user has RX590. In addition, there are paid versions of the program, Polaris BIOS Editor 3 PRO, Polaris BIOS Editor 2.0, and 2.1. Download these programs are more simplified and more understandable for beginners. Let’s have a closer look at the latest updated version of 2019 Polaris BIOS Editor 3 PRO.