The AFUWIN program is a utility used for updating the BIOS firmware of a computer’s motherboard.
This program can be useful in the following situations:
- Want to upgrade the BIOS firmware of the motherboard to enable support for new hardware or software features.
- Need to fix bugs, errors, or security vulnerabilities in the current BIOS firmware.
- Want to improve the stability, performance, or compatibility of the computer by updating the BIOS firmware.
- Need to recover the BIOS firmware if it becomes corrupted or damaged due to a hardware or software issue.
Overall, the AFUWIN program provides users with a reliable and efficient tool for updating the BIOS firmware of their motherboard, which can be helpful in maintaining the health and functionality of the computer.
How to use AFUWIN program
To use the AFUWIN program to update the BIOS firmware of a computer’s motherboard, follow these steps:
- Download the latest BIOS firmware for your motherboard from the manufacturer’s website and save it to a USB flash drive.
- Insert the USB flash drive into a USB port on the computer.
- Download and extract the AFUWIN program to a folder on your computer.
- Open a Command Prompt window and navigate to the folder containing the AFUWIN program.
- Type “afuwin.exe” followed by the name of the BIOS firmware file and press Enter. For example, “afuwin.exe biosfirmware.rom“.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update the BIOS firmware. Be sure to read and follow any warnings or instructions provided by the AFUWIN program or the motherboard manufacturer.
- Wait for the program to complete the update process. Do not turn off the computer or remove the USB flash drive during the update process.
- Once the update process is complete, restart the computer and enter the BIOS setup utility to verify that the new BIOS firmware version is installed.
It is important to note that updating the BIOS firmware can be a risky process and should only be done if there is a specific need to do so. Any mistakes or errors during the update process can potentially render the computer unusable. Be sure to follow all instructions carefully and ensure that the computer is connected to an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) to prevent power loss during the update process.