NVIDIA develops software drivers for Windows computers that control graphics cards and GPUs. When a user needs to install a new GPU from another manufacturer or uninstall NVIDIA from the computer, the user can use the Control panel, delete NVIDIA’s hidden folders manually or remove NVIDIA folders form the Registry. In cases where the standard driver uninstall fails, it is recommended to use an NVIDIA uninstaller named Displayed Driver Uninstaller. It is a driver removal utility, which allows users to remove all traces of NVIDIA, AMD and INTEL display and drivers from Windows. This enables a user to perform a clean install of new drivers without any potential issues of the previous versions.
- Windows Vista SP2 up to Windows 10 May 2019 update 1903 (18362.xx) (anything higher is at user’s own risk)
- NVIDIA, AMD, Intel GPUs
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or higher
- Features of Display Driver Uninstaller
- It does not affect the system performance as it runs on low CPU and RAM.
- Clean and simple user interface.
- Supported launch in the Safe mode.
- Automatic driver checking.
- Fast execution of all functions in one window.
- Cleans files, folders and entries in the system registry.
- There is also Display Driver Uninstaller for Linux and Mac OS.
- Completely removes drivers that cannot be uninstalled using standard methods.
- Supplied with Driver Removal Utility Help.
- Regular software updates from the official site.
- Recommendations for usage
- It should be used at a problem of uninstalling or installing a driver or when switching GPU brand
- It is recommended to make a backup or a system restore.
- It is better to use the Safe mode for absolute stability.
- Exclude the Display Driver Uninstaller folder completely from any security software.
- Turn off the Internet connection while running the utility to avoid the automatic installation of drivers by the Windows Update service.
Three operating modes
- Uninstall and reboot. This option is designed to uninstall selected GPU drivers and reboot. If a user has a video card of only one manufacturer installed, this option is recommended. It is used in majority of cases. Having rebooted the computer, a user can start installing new drivers.
- Uninstall without rebooting. If a user has installed several different GPUs, this option is to be used. It is necessary to uninstall each driver one after another and then reboot.
- Uninstall and turn off. This option is designed to uninstall selected GPU drivers and turn off the computer. If a user is going to change his video card, this option is recommended.
Easy to use
Display Driver Uninstaller is a simple program for users even in case they have lack of technical knowledge. This tool does not require complex settings or installations. Program files can be extracted to any part of the hard drive. In addition, users can save the tool to a less conventional storage device as well. For instance, using a USB drive makes it easy to run the program with least effort. What’s more, the tools has a minimal number of glitches or freezes.
Display Driver Uninstaller provides multiple language support and does not require a lot of RAM to work. That means that the overall performance of the user’s computer will not be affected. However, it is necessary to point out the weak sides of the tool. First, translations of the utility require updating. Secondly, Display Driver Uninstaller is not quite stable in the Normal mode. Although it can be used in the Normal mode, the Safe mode is highly recommended.